Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Human Brain's reaction to Scary Stuff
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Human Brain's reaction to Scary Stuff

(10-25-2012, 11:52 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I find it interesting how instictive behaviour can be seen in people playing scary games. For example, many people will often try to have a wall in their back and will rather move along the walls than through the middle of a room. Thats the same behaviour you can observe in a lot of animals (especially small and vulnerable ones like mice).
Excellent point - common sense even some animals pick up on Big Grin

If one's back is to the wall, no one can get the jump on you from behind; it's also the only direction we cannot see at all (I think we have about an 200-ish degree FOV). It almost seems nonsensical to do it any other way.

I almost envy animals in some ways - such a simplistic life. Kill your meal, eat, mate, sleep, repeat. I doubt there is a better example of "Ignorance is bliss"; knowing the darkness brought about with death is a chilling thought to say the least, and lesser animals aren't even aware of it. No irrational fears of boogie-men under the bed, or Kman hiding in your closet at night.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 12:06 PM by Adny.)
10-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Human Brain's reaction to Scary Stuff - by Melvin - 10-25-2012, 02:54 AM
RE: Human Brain's reaction to Scary Stuff - by Adny - 10-25-2012, 12:05 PM