Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of interstellar marines after reading this?and did you pledge for the kickstarter?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks cool but I wont pledge
40.00%
4 40.00%
Awesome, pledged Big Grin
10.00%
1 10.00%
Still a bit skeptical, but RM was great
0%
0 0%
Skeptical, and the article did not change anything
30.00%
3 30.00%
Meh did not even read it (at) all.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man

I don't quite get yet, what the unique selling point of this game is supposed to be. It looks like a pretty standard shooter to me. Like a normal UDK mod or something. Yeah there's this thing that you can see your body which is nice, but that's hardly a new idea...
Metro 2033 for example already implemented immersion much better with the whole HUD being objects that you carry in your hands (a note for quests, a compass, a lightmeter) and with having you check for the amount of ammo you have left by looking at the clip of your gun.... that sort of stuff.

So yeah, could you maybe explain a bit what exactly sets this game apart from similar shooters? Because even after reading through the whole text and looking at the video, it still looks like a standard student-project-UDK-mod to me. (even though its probably not made in UDK... but you know what I mean Wink )
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM