Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of interstellar marines after reading this?and did you pledge for the kickstarter?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks cool but I wont pledge
40.00%
4 40.00%
Awesome, pledged Big Grin
10.00%
1 10.00%
Still a bit skeptical, but RM was great
0%
0 0%
Skeptical, and the article did not change anything
30.00%
3 30.00%
Meh did not even read it (at) all.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man

(11-13-2012, 08:37 AM)jens Wrote: Since we are used as an example now Wink

The difference would be that our tech demo was more or less feature complete, pretty much everything in Penumbra Overture was demonstrated in the tech demo. Then the second and much larger difference is that we created a game first, then asked for money for it, not the other way around. Third, we created a game based on the resources we had or thought we could scrape together, a total of 50 000 USD was used to create Penumbra Overture (or actually to run the whole company during the time it took, not just the project expenses).
I feel especial now for having a reply from you jens Smile, btw i was not comparing the games per se but the way you guys first made a alpha demo and then made a final game, just like ZPS is trying to do, also with all respect for you guys and your work you can't really compare the ambition of Interstellar Marines with the one of the first Penumbra, first they are totally different genre of games, second the work to goes in to make a tactical FPS just like ZPS is trying to make is much more complex, for example the number of characters they need to make and animate, the number of enemies they need to make and give believable AI and number of guns they need to model and make custumizable, etc, ect, ZPS is trying to make a AAA looking game with a indie budget and team so they do need a little more money to do that then you guys did for Penumbra. Sorry for my grammar English is not my first language so i hope you comprehend also i'm not trying to diminish you guys work, for the contrary i'm a big fan and i bought all your games in day one, i'm just trying to make you and others see that ZPS does need the money they ask to present the game vision they think their game deserves.
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man - by Argoon - 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM