Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I redownload the games I bought?
abelthorne Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months ago RE: Where can I redownload the games I bought?

Yeah, I know that, but the point is to have it as a real Steam game for complete integration, eventual updates (though the game is beginning to be old and will likely not get future updates).

Now that the game market is mainly digital, it has become quite OS agnostic. In most cases, when you buy a digital copy of a game, you get it for Windows, Mac and Linux (when available). The OS-specific point has moved to the choice of a digital store (will I buy a game on Steam? from GOG? directly from the devs?).

In that context, Steam has become the de facto store/platform for games on Windows/Mac/Linux and a lot of developers, when starting a project, give a bonus Steam key to their buyers: Kickstarter projects, independant devs that use the Humble store; even game bundles like Humble Bundle, IndieGale, IndieGameStand, manage to offer the most options to their buyers (Steam key, sometimes Desura key or GOG key). So I thought maybe Frictional would embrace that new paradigm and give the possibility to their customers to have a Steam version of their games in addition to the DRM-free version when buying from their store).
06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where can I redownload the games I bought? - by abelthorne - 06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Possibility to get a Steam key? - by abelthorne - 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM