Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Does perma death make a game more frightening?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
29 33.33%
No
54.02%
47 54.02%
Don't know
12.64%
11 12.64%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Does Perma Death make a game scarier?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Does Perma Death make a game scarier?

(06-28-2013, 12:09 AM)WIWWM Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 03:32 PM)skyhawk02 Wrote: There has been a rise of permanent death in games lately. A new horror game, Routine, is going to have perma death.

My question is does perma death make a game scarier? I am not sure on the answer, my feeling is this: perma death makes the players more scared of losing but less scared of the gameworld and monsters if that makes sense.

Obviously length of the game plays a factor here as well. i don't know, I'm having trouble figuring out my thoughts on it, thats why I'm turning to you guys. Should horror games use perma death? Just for fun I'll put a poll up as well if I can figure out how to do it.

It said it would have a perma death system... And since it's a game and not something short like justine (i hope anyway) im thinking that it would bee something like, restart the level that your on, instead of having a bunch of checkpoints.

As for the topic at hand, permanent death makes a game scarier to me. Chase scenes have never scared me in the original amnesia. Never once. However in justine i was scared to death!!!

It's only 3 hours long or so though, according to the developer.
06-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Perma Death make a game scarier? - by Bridge - 06-28-2013, 12:10 AM