Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
!IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 10 Years, 3 Months, 4 Weeks ago RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues

It may very well be so. Is there a way to enable the OpenAL wrapper log through the config files by chance?

EDIT: It seems to work most of the time, so it shouldn't be an issue if nobody else is having it. I'd still be interested in figuring out why it's happening though.

I've further narrowed down the problem I'm having and have partially determined when it fails to play sound. I added a trace to the callback used in the sound updater thread, in the part of the loop where it first calls SDL_LockMutex. When the sound does play, that section of the code is repeatedly executed until the program shuts down. When the sound fails to play that section of code is only executed twice and then is not executed at all. This is presumably why it hangs on SDL_WaitThread when it's shutting down since the thread callback is not returning. I'm not exactly sure where in the callback it is getting stuck, but something must be amiss.

EDIT: I added a trace right before the callback returns to be sure that it wasn't ending prematurely. When the sound works it triggers the trace at shutdown, but when the sound does not work the trace does not get triggered at all, so the function must not be returning.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 12:15 PM by someone972.)
09-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: !IMPORTANT! New test patch for gamepad/dll issues - by someone972 - 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM