Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)
Coldspire Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

(05-17-2010, 07:19 AM)Thomas Wrote: Coldspire: did the fixed exe work?

With the fixed exe, I can get into the Incinerator, but it still crashes when attempting to enter the Shelter. (I don't know why I couldn't get into the Incinerator before today. Maybe Steam was reverifying and redownloading the original file when I wasn't paying attention.)

Here's the odd thing now: I used the Humble Bundle installation to test using a version of the game that didn't auto-update (a la Steam). And that version works without first copying in the updated exe -- I was able to pass through the Incinerator and finish the game without issue. But I hopped back to the Steam version (with fixed exe) to test, and that one still crashes when trying to enter the Shelter. Same save files and settings -- just different installations. (Ran a diff on the two redist directories: only differences besides text files are Penumbra.exe and wrap_oal.dll.)

I'm sure this seems easily dismissible. Maybe I just haven't been careful somewhere. Undecided
05-18-2010, 03:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted) - by Coldspire - 05-18-2010, 03:11 AM