Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How many puzzles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tons of puzzles, I love adventure games
24.14%
21 24.14%
A reasonable amount, I don't want to spend 3/4 of the game solving puzzles, but I enjoy them
60.92%
53 60.92%
Not very many, I don't really like solving puzzles but a few here and there is okay
12.64%
11 12.64%
None at all, I want my game to be a movie
2.30%
2 2.30%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?

(05-28-2014, 12:23 PM)asdasd Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/190I7CP.png

FG HAS GONE FULL TCR 4-HOUR GAME CONFIRMED

Actually, according to Thomas Grip, the estimated playtime for SOMA is around 8 hours. [source]

Just because the game won't be as puzzle-focused as Amnesia: The Dark Descent, it doesn't mean it won't be a challenging and interesting experience.

At least FG are being honest and transparent about their intentions and design choices right from the start of SOMA's development process, so as to not create false expectations.

Also, in the article you took that screenshot from, Thomas also said:

"Pure puzzle-wise, it's a bit in-between [both Amnesia games]"

"There should be something interesting for the player to do, so it fills them with a sense of accomplishment," Grip explains. "We want you to feel like you are a source of progression in the game. That you're constantly doing stuff that's allowing the story to progress."

The way I see it, this means the puzzles won't be as simple as in AMFP, but they also won't be as unintuitive as some of the puzzles in ATDD.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 05:44 PM by Ashtoreth.)
05-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - by Ashtoreth - 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM