The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should Scotland become independant?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
5 45.45%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Can of worms: Scottish Independence
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
Can of worms: Scottish Independence

In less than a fortnight Scotland is going to vote on whether it wants to remain part of the United Kingdom or break off and become an independent country. Here, this is a really big deal.

There are a mass of complex arguments and risks on both the "yes" (pro-independence) and "no" (pro-union) sides. To put it in context for Americans or anyone not familiar with the debate, it's like as if a major US state announced "We've had enough of this country. We're going to start our own one. Screw you Washington!" ...just replace Washington with Westminster.

I opt for postal votes, so I've already voted, but the constant debate has risen and risen in intensity of late. My friends, family and colleagues talk/argue about little else. As with any impassioned political cause, there are a lot of spurious opinions flying around about economy, especially North Sea oil and currency, healthcare, military and armaments, admittance to the European Union and so on, not to mention the simple question of whether breaking up is the right thing to do in a world where unity is lacking, and that both the Scottish Nationalist Party and the UK government stand to gain a lot by coming out on top. Whatever we vote, things will never be the same.

I find it hard to judge whether people are talking/voting with their heart or with their head. It would be good to hear some new opinions, especially of people who aren't directly involved. Thoughts?

09-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Can of worms: Scottish Independence - by MrBehemoth - 09-06-2014, 12:43 PM