Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help [SOLVED] Using a Single Crowbar on Multiple Doors
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Using a Single Crowbar on Multiple Doors

(09-22-2014, 07:25 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Let's take another look then.

Are you sure the areas are in the right locations? Make sure AreaEffect_1 is by Door_1 and so on, as that's how the callbacks are set up. Also make sure they're close enough for the crowbar to actually hit them.

PS: I noticed the GiveItem line gives you the crowbar with the internal name of "crowbar" but the callbacks are set to use "Crowbar_1" which makes me think that this will only work once unless you match them up.

I'm pretty sure the areas are matched up. I've gone over them several times making sure they were in just the right position.

Turns out I went in and changed "AreaBreak" in the AddEntityCollideCallback function. Putting back the _"+i that had been taken out, the first three doors worked, however it was without the door break sound or particle effect and you could still hear the crowbar bending as the door swung open.

The fourth door did not work; the crowbar again moved only back and forth, and I ended up with three crowbars in the inventory.
And in regards to the crowbar, yes, I thought something like like too, but I wasn't sure how to go about fixing that.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 07:32 AM by AGP.)
09-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a Single Crowbar on Multiple Doors - by AGP - 09-22-2014, 07:27 AM