Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU

(09-29-2015, 06:15 PM)1minus1is0 Wrote: what ingame are you basing this on?

The people whose minds were transferred into robots and then kept "alive" with structure gel. Some of them were unaware of it, but others were clearly being tortured by their need for structure gel, like an addiction (one of the small navigation aid robots you discover is hostile for this reason).

Quote:1- what ingame are you basing this on?

All of its failed experiments, like the mutated fish and other reptiles, and the human bodies which are still breathing but which have no consciousness left in them; they're just empty shells.

Quote:WAU was trying to bring people back to life.

I am not sure it was actually trying to bring people back to life. It started by trying to stop people dying in the first place, because its protocol was preventative (not restorative). A good way to do this (it thought), would be to simply take them over with structure gel, or transfer their consciousness into robots. None of this worked. The WAU had absolutely no regard for the personal will or feelings of any human left alive, and did whatever it wanted, treating all the humans as lab rats at best, and enemies at worst.

Quote:The WAU is not fully aware of what humanity even means, let alone wants to be human.

I agree. That's why it completely messed up.

Quote:what ingame are you basing this on?

Its repeated deliberate takeover of humans, its deliberate failure to keep humans alive, and its deliberate refusal to protect humans from its own creations. Throughout the entire game it never once tried to keep me alive, it just kept supporting all the things which were trying to kill me.

Remember, the WAU became corrupted, it abandoned its correct protocol. Its structure gel was contaminated and cancerous. It grew out of control. There's no evidence that there was anyone still alive who could actually create new, uncontaminated structure gel. There was only one uncontaminated sample left, and we used it to create the body for Simon-3.

Ross was a hero, I am convinced he created the body for Simon-2 and then set Simon-2 off on his mission to defeat the WAU and save humanity from it (Catherine interfered for her own personal reasons, but that was ok, I still completed Ross' mission).
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM by Fortigurn.)
09-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU - by Fortigurn - 09-29-2015, 06:41 PM