The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So I'm deciding if I should stop doing let's plays of custom stories and...
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30
Question  So I'm deciding if I should stop doing let's plays of custom stories and...

...do a review on custom stories instead. It would be something no one on Youtube has done before. After all, it's nearly impossible to get noticed when you do just let's plays nowadays. The video would be me talking about my experience with the custom story and would have gameplay of it in the background. At the end of the video I would give it a rating of x/10. Then I would ask you to tell me in the comments how good the custom story was to you.

Here's the big idea of all the things I could cover and how the videos will be made:
Spoiler below!

How I will create the video:
  • Give a short introduction that sums up the game and don't spoil it too much, especially the first 10 minutes of the game and catch the viewer's attention!

• Take notes about the detail, immersion, story and gameplay during the game.. After playing the game, add to the notes.

• Tell things you really liked or really hated.

• Give a rating (x/10) for all 4 of the important things.

• Give examples of why something is good or bad to back up your argument.

• Sum it up with an ending paragraph. Write a sentence about the game, list the pros and cons, and give a score for every single thing and then give a final score for the whole custom story.

Remember:
  • Be sure to avoid giving out obvious information about the mod or game (Year, developer) as this is a review of the game, not a summary of the game's statistics.

• When giving the mod a score, be sure to rate it based on its detail, immersion, gameplay and story and opinion by adding them up and dividing it for an average.

• Write it in third person to make it sound like it wasn't written by a video game fanboy to sound more professional.

Things I will cover:

Immersion:
  • How much the character talks or is involved during the gameplay

• Several choices (several ending or branches of the custom story)

• Creative and/or well-made level design

• Professional sounding voice acting

• Continuous visual events

• Custom models is a plus

• No lack of "activity" or "life" to the game
    Detail:

• Usage of decals

• Particles

• Lighting

• Fog
  • Atmosphere:
    • Background sounds

• Custom sounds and music is always a plus

Gameplay:
  • Is there hints?

• Are the puzzles way too difficult? Or too easy?

• Creative puzzles

• Creative scares

• Are areas boring?

Story:
  • Who's the antagonist?

• The conclusion of the story.

• Does the gameplay fit the story well?

It would be a great way to talk more about a custom story. More than just in the comment section of Mod db or steam. So tell me what you think.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 06:15 PM by Koopa Rs07.)
10-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
So I'm deciding if I should stop doing let's plays of custom stories and... - by Koopa Rs07 - 10-05-2015, 04:36 PM