Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA...
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA...

SOMA needs more modders, but as you point out in particular it needs "good" modders, who have the skill or knowhow to delve deeper, and the experience/will to see a project through.

However we cant get back the veterans of the past, and hence we will need new blood.
I think that these noobish first attempt mods are very important in getting people invested in SOMA modding, and most importantly as learning experiences that give them perspective on what they can and could learn to do with HPL3.

But still even these mini mods seem to be very few, and I think that simply has to do with HPL3 Modding being harder to approach for modders, compared to how straightforward HPL2 was.

a couple ideas I have had,
1: being to do a simple up to an hour long video where I make a mod from start to finish, since a lot of the documentation right now seems to fragmented or incomplete.
2: maybe do something like a weekend marathon where we get as many as possible to participate and finish their first mod, kinda like an ice breaker. experienced members could also be great advicors if they participated as well.

But myself I too am alive outside Soma modding, and without going into any details life is quite shit for me right now, so we will have to see what I do.

TL:DR

Ye agree, maybe we should do something to help modding bloom, but motivation is a bitch.

(01-30-2016, 08:56 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Every single time you find yourself down in the pit like this, just remind yourself: Why is it that you mod?
If your mod is something that you really just wanted to show the world because of your passion on wanting it shown...then you'll notice that if even just a small handful of people appreciate your work then it will be more than enough to feel like your time was not wasted.

can definitely agree with this, even though my recent mod was just something fairly rushed that started with me fooling around in editor, I found myself counting the views when I uploaded it, and watching all the LP of it even if it was in German.

theres something special about people liking what you made, even if it's just one person.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 09:19 PM by WALP.)
01-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by A.M Team - 01-30-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by A.M Team - 01-30-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by Kreekakon - 01-30-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by WALP - 01-30-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by Abion47 - 01-30-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by WALP - 01-31-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by Abion47 - 01-31-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by Romulator - 01-31-2016, 12:35 AM
RE: Finding It Hard To Mod SOMA... - by WALP - 01-31-2016, 11:48 AM