Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent
zionifl Offline

Threads: 10
Wink  RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent

(02-22-2017, 08:12 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 11:08 PM)DanielMandus123 Wrote: An know ISSUE/GLITCH! Read please!
When returning to the Entrance Hall from either the Old Archives or the New Archives, both the Entrance Hall AND the Laboratory resets. The same items and events are reseted completely. I don't know if it is just to me. If that happens to you please, report it to me.

No, that's normal unless you keep track of specific entities via variables. It's not a bug, glitch or issue, but rather for optimization, since Amnesia does not keep track of every change in map. Using Variables, there are some you can keep track of, but it's rather ideal to leave it be. You can also use FullGameSave in the Level Editor to determine what entities should remember their state when leaving a level, but do not use this on too many entities.

Thanks for explaining this! Also, i have been thinking on that project for like 1 or 2 years and i'm only making this now. When i complete it, i will play the entire game to see if there is any issue. Thanks for the advice. Smile

Also, here is an video detailing this "normal issue". Watch the whole video, and in the end, you will see what i mean.

Sorry for the information at the top corner. I forgot to deactivate them.

(02-22-2017, 12:53 AM)Mudbill Wrote: You're posting updates as if it's already released or available for beta testing. Is there a download anywhere?

No, i'm posting those to show people the status of the project so they know what i will include on the final game.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017, 10:53 PM by zionifl.)
02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Developement Updates! - by zionifl - 02-20-2017, 10:45 PM
RE: New Project - The UNKNOWN Descent - by zionifl - 02-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Some answers - by zionifl - 03-05-2017, 09:51 PM