Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release"
zak Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release"

(10-10-2010, 10:40 AM)Adventurer4Life Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if people got the game, used a steam key, then word of mouthed it to a mate.. BUT SENT THEM THE OTHER "OFFICIAL" DOWNLOAD LINK, AS IT "FELT" LIKE WE BOUGHT 2 COPIES, NOT ONE.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but...
MY KEYS ARE ALL MINE!!! Whaaaa...!

No seriously, I paid for them both and want to keep them both. And if I meet someone who wants to play the (full) game, I would urge them to pay for it.

But I am thinking about another payment method:
The complete (next) game is financed by preorders. If the mark reaches a certain level, the game is considered as "paid off" and will be released. If too few people pay for it, it won't be released. Maybe this can be combined with 'episode-like' methods where parts of the game are released earlier (to people who have paid), and further development needs more money... something like this.
I know this has flaws... what about the people who have paid, if the game will never be released for example.... Hmm... Huh
10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - by zak - 10-10-2010, 12:08 PM