The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game Developer: Where to start
resell4 Offline

Threads: 6
Game Developer: Where to start

Im asking the Frictional Games team, and im asking the rest of you developers!
I know quite lot of C++ and im wondering a few questions about head into the world of game development, Im gona ask a few questions, but feel free to add more helpfull information Smile

I would also mention that i will be working with Windows, because when i wana start out and learn with Mac i already so quite alot and wont need that much help.

@ What grapich library should i start out with / Learn for future development?

@ What compiler should i be using for learning?

@ Should i start with 2D development? Or head into 3D right away and learn there?
If so, should i take SDL? Or maby Allegro?

@ Where should i start? By mastering the compiler? Or mastering one of the graphic libraries? Or maby start out with an easy game engine (if there even exist such a thing as an easy game engine..)

@ Where is a good place for ressources, maby a good forum for help and inspiration?

@ Maby i should buy a good book from Amazon?

@ Any experience the developers in Frictional Games would like to share, Anythin that nagged into your skulls? Or maby something you would have changed when learning. Or maby a personal story how you got into game developement?

Phew! That was quite a few questions, and i hope some of you would like to answer some of them Smile

Thanks Smile
- Resell4
04-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game Developer: Where to start - by resell4 - 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM
RE: Game Developer: Where to start - by Thomas - 04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
RE: Game Developer: Where to start - by resell4 - 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM