Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

i looking for horror games for inspiration...
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1
RE: i looking for horror games for inspiration...

(06-21-2011, 07:53 PM)BlueFury Wrote: the best idea for making a good story is watching some good old horror films
Films really don't translate well into games... but there are certainly many good ideas in films. Just try to avoid the plain macabre movies and focus on those that really give you strong feelings (other than disgust).

To add to Tans's list, you must absolutely play "Clive Barker's Undying". It makes me shudder only when I think of it. It was created with the help of the famous writer and is very atmospheric for it's time. It conveys many diverse aspects of horror. Seriously, it's an experience you should not miss.

A very good inspiration can be found in literature, in writers such as: H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Ambrose Bierce, Clive Barker, Stephen King. We can see their influence everywhere, Amnesia has lovecraftian elements to it.
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: i looking for horror games for inspiration... - by Leu Radu - 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM