Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Amensia crash the framerate from 60 to 0
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Why does Amensia crash the framerate from 60 to 0

(09-30-2011, 02:25 AM)palistov Wrote: For instance, using the wooden beam in entities/debris/ as a horizontal ceiling welder. If its physics is still enabled, meaning it's not static, the collision between the beam and the static objects around it will cause the physics overload (when there are lots of occurrences of this). But if you have turned off their physics with the 'Static Physics' checkbox, then you're fine Smile
Oh ya, I know what your talking about now. I don't have that issue, where it lags up for a couple of seconds, then speeds up. This just goes on forever till I quit Amensia!

This framerate issues occurs randomly. If it does not happen withen 1-2 seconds of startup. It might happen later while I'm strolling around in my map when I'm at a nice 25-30fps and then just go down to nothing 0. Angry

Another Question: Where does Amensia save "Continue"? I accidently clicked it, and it brought me to a way, way, older version of my map. When I re-installed Amensia, I thought I only brought the folder of my custom story back into it.

Edit: I think, when I use to pay attention to Amensia's memory usage in the Task Manager. Use to be around 300-350k, but now its jumping up to about 600-750k. It seem's a bit high for a game like this, I don't even think any of my other games even reach half of that usage.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM by Rapture.)
09-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does Amensia crash the framerate from 60 to 0 - by Rapture - 09-30-2011, 02:41 AM