The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crackly Sound
stonedyak Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Crackly Sound

I'm experiencing 'crackly' sound while playing the game. Sorry, I'm not sure how better to describe it :-) It's most noticeable during the music when the game starts and during Philip's voiceover in the intro. The crackle is present during the whole game, though it's not so noticeable and I got used to it.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.04, my sound card is onboard my Gigabyte motherboard - described by the system as '82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller'. The driver used is 'HDA Intel' . I'm running a fast Core 2 Duo with a decent graphics card, so speed is definitely not a problem. I don't get any audio problems with any other apps. However, I did install Neverball (another OpenGL / OpenAL / SDL app) and it had exactly the same audio problems.

So I guess it may be a bug in the libraries or Ubuntu, but I thought I'd mention it since it does give a bit of a bad impression when first running the game.
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Crackly Sound - by stonedyak - 06-11-2007, 08:10 PM