Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

OpenAL Audio Update: Use 1.0.2553 Patch instead!
bmr5770 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: OpenAL Audio Update / Feedback

Ok - really weird. I started the game like 3-4 times and actually played all the way through the demo last night and haven't logged out or rebooted. Now, tho, it's refusing to start giving that core dump again.

Not sure what's going on.

UPDATE: Ok - figured it out - Had firefox on a page where a video had played so it had control of the sound device. Once I shut that page, I was able to get back into the game again.

I played through the demo again and there is a background high pitched noise. It's apparent in the ship, along the snow trail and below ground. I *think* it's supposed to be some background ambiance but's. For instance, I can hear the wind on the snow trail and the high pitched sound (which is supposed to be howling maybe?).

WHOA UPDATE: Switched back to the original libopenal.so.0.0.0 and tried again using alsa in the /etc/openalrc - Back to the static/jumpy sound/music. However! Switched the /etc/openalrc to oss again and the old lib was music to my ears Smile. The only time I heard a hint of static was when I picked up and dropped a few things on the dirt floor of the underground entrance rooms and it was *very* slight.

So to recap - after testing on Kubuntu 7.04, if edit the first line of /etc/openalrc (must be root or sudo edit it) to reflect 'oss' instead of 'alsa) *and* use the original openal.lib.so.0.0.0 the sound seems to be fine (provided something else doesn't have control/access to the sound device).
10-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread