The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lang Editor Tool (V1.1 - Spell Checker Added)
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
Lang Editor Tool (V1.1 - Spell Checker Added)

AMNESIA LANG EDITOR TOOL - V1.1

About:
I've always found myself prone to making syntax errors when writing the language file data for amnesia, but yet i found the existing Lang tool (HplLangTool) not quite what I was looking for either. It was also lacking a way of merging files together. So I've written up this new tool.

Features:
  1. Reads / Writes valid XML LANG files. Provides some error insight if there was a parsing failure.
  2. Allows appending lang files together. If there is an entry collision the old entry is kept, and a message output to the "info" box.
  3. Easy to use, for adding & removing categories & entries you shouldn't even need the mouse.
  4. Collapsible tree structure to make categories easy to navigate.
  5. Resources information parsed
  6. Move entries between categories by dragging and dropping.
  7. Script support. You can easily write scripts (C#) to generate language file content.
  8. (new) Spell Checker support added
Download
Latest Version (V1.1) [DropBox]

Requires .net framework 3.0 to run.

Old Versions:
Spoiler below!
Quick Usage Guide
Open up a language file using "Open". The Left hand side should list all the categories with a little "+" icon next to them (If a category has no entries then no + sign is listed). You can expand the categories by clicking this to show all the entries. Click an entry once to highlight it - the text associated with this entry should appear on the right. You can delete an entry by highlighting it and pressing the delete key.

Double click and entry or category to rename it. A list of other options are available by right clicking on on the left hand pane.

Full list of Keyboard Shortcuts:
Spoiler below!

Ctrl + O : Open
Ctrl + S : Save
Ctrl + N : New

Ctrl + W : Add Category (Main tab)
Ctrl + E : Add Entry (Main tab)
Ctrl + P : Add Path (Resources tab)
Shift + Delete: Delete entry (Whilst not in focus)

Cut, Copy & Paste supported too.

Known bugs:
None, currently.

Todo:
Spoiler below!

Look at how hard a language-change feature is to make (i.e. dictionaries for the spell checker in multiple langs).
Feel free to suggest some features.

Strike-through means fixed/Added for next version.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 07:19 PM by Apjjm.)
12-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Lang Editor Tool (V1.1 - Spell Checker Added) - by Apjjm - 12-31-2011, 03:48 AM
RE: New Language Editor Tool (V1.0) - by Apjjm - 04-01-2012, 08:13 PM