Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What was the best [scariest] chase scene in Penumbra/Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Shadow Chase in Amnesia
6.67%
2 6.67%
The Rock Worm chase(s) from Penumbra
6.67%
2 6.67%
The Dogs chasing me from Penumbra
6.67%
2 6.67%
The Spiders chasing me from Penumbra
3.33%
1 3.33%
The Brute Chasing me from Amnesia
16.67%
5 16.67%
The Grunts chasing me from Amnesia
6.67%
2 6.67%
The Water Horror chasing me from Amnesia
40.00%
12 40.00%
The Infected chasing me from Penumbra
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What was the best chase scene in Penumbra/Amnesia?
Roy595 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What was the best chase scene in Penumbra/Amnesia?

Nothing beats the terror, uncertainty, and suspense of the water monster chase. One of the worst things about it is you can't even really see it! You can never be too sure just how far behind you he is. Jumping on and over boxes is just hair raising with that music playing. I think it was the most well done over all.

Of course, being chased by a Grunt or Brute is certainly no picnic. But the water monster chase was just orchestrated so well that it beats any other monster chase in that game, save maybe the Brute in the sewers. That was just an awful ten seconds lol.

The dogs and spider chases were certainly hair-raising, but not in the same horror kind of class as the chases in Amnesia. The infected were scary at first, but once you figured them out they started to become a nuisance.

The Shadow chase just... lacked something for me. I guess I'd acclimated to the game at that point maybe. It certainly got the adrenaline pumping, but there wasnt anything particularly horrifying about it.

Edit: Ah yes. I forgot about the chase in Justine. That one might just top them all.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM by Roy595.)
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was the best chase scene in Penumbra/Amnesia? - by Roy595 - 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM