Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Turns Black and System Locks Up
HotSherlock Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Amnesia Turns Black and System Locks Up

(03-20-2012, 08:11 AM)jens Wrote: Everything looks OK in the log, the errors it shows are normal. It sounds like there is some sort of conflict going on, either with the drivers or with some software/background app. Have you tried to switch to a windows theme that does not use aero (all the fancy effects)? Have you tried to uninstall the drivers for the graphics card, reboot and then install the latest drivers available from amd.com? A final suggestion could be to try different settings in the control panel for the graphics card, for example in the past the A.I optimization thing that ATI had caused issues with the Penumbra games.
Thanks for the help. I turned off the AI and everything looks stable now. I can even tab out and back in without it crashing. I'm so glad I can play this now. I owe you a beer or something.

03-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Turns Black and System Locks Up - by HotSherlock - 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM