Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you like how the Penumbra series ended?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.29%
6 35.29%
Yes but it was not as good as it could have been
23.53%
4 23.53%
Not sure
0%
0 0%
No the game did not get a *proper* ending
29.41%
5 29.41%
No
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Spoiler Penumbra - finally finished :) - thoughts on the game series...
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Penumbra - finally finished :) - thoughts on the game series...

The problem is that I don't think that there's anything more to tell after Black Plague.
There are two things that can happen:
- The Tuurngait can get out and start invading civilization, but that's sort of like an invisible zombie scenario that humanity can't win, and it's more like an X-com game scenario.
- Another expedition can arrive, either to blow up the base or to explore, and then we'd just have Penumbra all over again - there wouldn't be anything new.

Of course, there is a third option that's continues the fate of the first protagonist as he tries to escape, or defeat the hivemind single-handedly. I don't think that it would add anything new, though.

However, anything is possible. While they care a lot about atmosphere, Frictional Games seem to tell stories with the gameplay in mind, so as long as there are new mechanics for an arctic environment, I don't think that FG would have trouble coming up with a story for them.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2012, 07:12 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra - finally finished :) - thoughts on the game series... - by Cranky Old Man - 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM