Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending Explained!
HallucinogenX Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Ending Explained!

(05-06-2012, 09:23 AM)Bek Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 08:29 PM)HallucinogenX Wrote: and he was lead into killing Amabel too.
This isn't my theory, someone else came up with it, but there's very good reason to believe the following:

The trick Clarence pulled wasn't that you saw a tuurngait in place of a woman, but that you saw a woman's body in place of a tuurngaits. IE, Amabel never was on your side at all.

Reasoning's for this: Firstly, it's a badass idea. Sounds just like Clarence. Secondly, you can die during the attack. How could you be hurt by an illusion? And before you say aha, Clarence can alter my mind, he can't seem to make you feel things, only hallucinate. Otherwise why wouldn't he hurt you when you're being chased to slow you down, or when you're in any dangerous situation? Finally, there is no evidence she was human all along. Dr. Eminess (sp?) sounded human, but clearly wasn't.

tl;dr Clarence ftw
I'm sorry but i think this is a stupid idea.There is very little evidence to back up this claim.Amabel was very much a real person.It was she who helped us through many levels.Unless you suggest that it was Clarence all along.Why would Clarence help Phillip?Clarence wants to play with Phillip's mind so much that he becomes insane and then he can take over completely.Killing Amabel could have made this happen.Also you suggested that Amabel was never on our side?Do you mean that she did exist but did not want to help Phillip?Well if she did exist and the person whom we killed was actually an infected,then where was Amabel?She said she would be in the Research Room but we explored the whole room and she wasn't there.

There is no use in making up theories in your mind because there is no evidence.I could make up a theory that Phillip actually dies of the cold in the first level of Overture and that the rest of the two games is his mind in some sort of purgatory.Because think about it,the story seems crazy!Secret government facility in friggin Greenland,Ancient Spirits,Aliens,Government Conspiracy.Seems to weird to be true.

(05-06-2012, 09:34 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: To be honest, though, I think we're just making excuses for a story that FG didn't actually think through more than a few seconds. The ending works only because it's such a big twist, but it doesn't really make sense. Would it be a large, big budget company studio, I wouldn't forgive them.
I agree with you.I think the ending and the whole story in general was just okay,nothing great or mind blowing.What i loved about the first game was that there was no distinction between science and magic.At first i assumed that the mines were haunted by some spirits and then when i found some documents i said,oh no there is actually some chemical in the mines which affect's the workers minds and probably leads them into some sort of Schizophrenia.But Black Plague made it pretty clear that there are indeed spirits called Tuurngait.I did not like that.The game would have been perfect if the writers never implied that the activity caused in the mines was definitely because of a spirit.I wish that they left it to our imagination so that we could interpret the events as something supernatural or as some scientific mystery.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 11:52 AM by HallucinogenX.)
05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The Ending Explained! - by HallucinogenX - 05-04-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by Cranky Old Man - 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by RawkBandMan - 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by Bek - 05-06-2012, 09:23 AM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by HallucinogenX - 05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by spukrian - 05-06-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by Cranky Old Man - 05-06-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: The Ending Explained! - by Bek - 05-06-2012, 02:05 PM