Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle

Sorry, but the quality is unbearable :S
The screen is really low res, but what bothers me the most is the sound quality. The constant buzzing and the mic chopping off the soundwaves would easily give you a headache after a little while.

Having good video/sound quality is like having a comfortable seat at the movies; It's not the main issue, but if it doesn't have a decent standard, it becomes very obnoxious and kills the experience. :/

I would suggest using a well known screencapping program called Fraps (Which is what I personally use and most other YouTubers I know). It has a maximum quality output of 3000x2000, or something in that area. Make sure to have your game in 16:9 widescreen res. This will make the video fill out the black sides on youtube. (For example 1280x720 or 1920x1080 resolution) I also use sony vegas to edit and render my videos. Pretty easy to use and has tons of different file and quality outputs. Would recommend 1280x720 res and 25-30 fps for a youtube video, .wmv is probably the easiest format to work with. (I do not promote piracy and I will not be held responsible; But it's easy to get these things for free)

A really good mic is pretty expensive, but you can get one that has more than enough quality for a reasonable price.

These are some really easy thing to do, but they can take forever to figure out by yourself ^^
I wish you luck with the YouTube channel!

// Crazy

06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra Series: Let's Plays with Etherelle - by CrazyShootin - 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM