The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Decals
JordanWeigle Offline

Threads: 3
Custom Decals

Hello once more, avid users of this forum. Let this be a great question of thee that one may find helpful!

Okay, now that my great introduction is out of the way, I'd like to get started.
I seem to be coming up on yet another minor issue. I basically have it solved, however, I'd like to know exactly why this error befalls in the first.

By reading the title of this thread, I assume you know that I am trying to make a custom decal to my map. I create the image in Photoshop, flip it horizontally, and save it as a .PNG. In order to make it .png, by the way, I type .png at the end of my file and then click save to get a compatibility notification that just tells me that I can turn said compatibility notification off (Tongue).

There. Said and done with saving. When I open up the material editor to create my .MAT file, the image doesn't appear at all. Through all of my unpacking of other custom stories and stuff, I have noticed that there is a preview for there .png images, however, not mine. I have come to the conclusion that it could be that my has layers, and maybe not there's. So, back to Photoshop I go and save once more in hopes that the damned thing will show up. To no avail, I take a break and try not to rage.

Is there a certain plug-in I need for Photoshop, or is Photoshop not to be used for Decals altogether?

I am resorting, as of now, to creating the images in Photoshop and then copy and pasting into Paint to save as a .PNG there in hopes that I will have some step up to what I am trying to accomplish.
Otherwise, PM me to get further information and I will enlighten you.

~ciao <3
05-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Decals - by JordanWeigle - 05-17-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: Custom Decals - by Homicide13 - 05-17-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Custom Decals - by JordanWeigle - 05-17-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: Custom Decals - by Traggey - 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: Custom Decals - by JordanWeigle - 06-10-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: Custom Decals - by Traggey - 06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
RE: Custom Decals - by JordanWeigle - 06-11-2012, 09:45 PM