Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I have to nag you about stereoscopic amnesia again
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: I have to nag you about stereoscopic amnesia again

(06-04-2012, 05:15 PM)Prelauncher Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 04:31 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 03:37 PM)Prelauncher Wrote: 3D is a very important step towards Virtual Reality. I'm not really seeing how that would be a bad thing...
Yes it is, but if you do nothing with it but charge twice the price of admission for the right to wear stupid glasses and see a negligible 3D effect (for most movies; some are really well designed, but ultimately negligible) then we will never get there.
I've never said that I like the current business model when it comes to watching 3D movies at the cinema. You're right, its like I said before:
Quote:The proplem with 3D comes when the producers suddenly in after-production goes, "Do you know what would make this movie much better? If we made it 3D."

Often they just add the 3D effect so that they can bump up the price for tickets.
What I'm saying is that I don't think we should dismiss it and never use it, because that seems to be the general atitude nowadays amongst consumers.
You are right, but just realize the negativity is not unwarranted when 3D is being shoved down everybody's throat like it's this revolutionary new technology when it's been played out already (unsuccessfully) and it is so laughably undeveloped it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned yet. It's like a game company pushing out an unfinished and bug-infested game and, for some mysterious reason, it then being praised as the best thing ever. I'll begin considering 3D as a legitimate method of viewing when it's completely portable. I hate to sound spoiled but, to abuse a quote, wearing glasses is like a baby's toy.

It just irritates me that it is so popular and billions of dollars are being put into shooting movies in this format when the technology just isn't there at this point in time. It actually is a bit like a massive beta test (the beta testers being the part of the population unlucky enough to be able to experience it) where the constructive criticism is completely ignored.
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have to nag you about stereoscopic amnesia again - by Bridge - 06-04-2012, 06:02 PM