Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Pigov Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

6) How did you like the ending?

Spoilers ahead, duh

1) I quite liked the Kennels, even though it was simple (two crates in a blood covered room, two openings, and a note telling about it), but I really liked it. There's just something about that place I liked, but I sure didn't spend a long time there Smile

2) I had no idea at all how to figure out the chemical machine, I pushed buttons for some minutes and well, it worked in the end, but I have no clue on how to solve it normally.

3) The first part of the game (the first part of the shelter) was slower paced, and completely horrifying. After I entered the second part, I kind of lost the feeling - they seemed so dark, rushed, and full of the infected - as if put together only to slow us down to the previous pace. I found running in those corridors quite dragged and unexciting, even if I had the infected after me.
The ending was somewhat rushed aswell - it just went too quick.

4) Too few puzzles, and too few staged scenes. Seriously, first encounter with the enemies was mortifying. The scene in the computer room, creeped me the fuck out. The scream after I killed Amabel, holy shit. You guys are good at making those scenes - they were great, but too few.

One thing I was really disappointed with - you didn't include your best puzzle from the last game again - the morse code radio. That was, and still is the most clever puzzle I've seen put in a game. It's good that you don't want to repeat yourselves, but I really liked it, and wished it'd make it into this game aswell.

5) Amabel was way too calm. Her dialogue was fine, but she should've been scared in this situation, that would be quite freaky aswell, I mean, someone stayed down here for a lot longer than us, and if that person seemed to still be spooked by the place, it would add to the game.

Other than that - it was okay. Obviously you want to hear about Clarence - I sometimes just wished he would shut up. Overture had it's charm of total silence, except when Red spoke. Also, quit with the "monkey". Such a word does not have a place down here. I mean, I'm in these dark corridors, creeped out and I hear about me being a monkey. Come on, think of some better words Smile

6) It was great - but as said before, it was too quick. I liked the way the Tuurngait spoke - that was some clever and interesting writing! But yeah, too short
02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread