Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:Below are some questions that we would like you to answer in order to make our upcoming games as good as possible:
Well, ok.

Thomas Wrote:1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?
Spoiler below!
I liked all puzzles, because most of them made sense, were realistic and logical. Some of them worked well even though they weren´t "logical", like the dream sequence or the trials. One I can think of that I didn´t like was the "seesaw-concrete pipe" puzzle in the cave, it didn´t make any sense to me.

Thomas Wrote:2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?
Spoiler below!
The hardest puzzles for me were those that you had to do under stress (i.e. the boss fights, the "gauntlet" you run after the chemical lab, etc), but that has just to do with me short-circuiting when stressed and in fact I think those puzzles are kind of integral to Black Plague.

Thomas Wrote:3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?
I found the pacing quite alright.

Thomas Wrote:4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?
The variation of gameplay elements is quite good, though I would´ve liked to have a little bit more non-linearity near the end of the game. But I guess that this would be hard to do given the size of the game. As for diversity, the diversity is fine for this type of game, if you´re asking if I´m missing the combat from Overture then the answer is no.

Thomas Wrote:5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?
Spoiler below!
I liked both Amabel and Clarence. All voices where good and gave me a good image of what kind of persons they were.

Thomas Wrote:6) How did you like the ending?
The ending was very fitting. I liked the fact that as the game ends, we still don´t have the all the answers.

Thomas Wrote:Thats all folks! Thanks to all who participate!
Thanks for making a great game!

But just one other comment:
Spoiler below!
I was kind of hoping to see more of the tuurngait tomb than just a grainy picture, but I guess if Frictional in the far future ever decides to revisit the world of Penumbra, they have their options open.
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread