Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Level Editor Help New Question: How to create a door
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
RE: 3 Questions: Cave In and Destroying bookshelf

poste that script part?
Edit: Actually, let me explain it like that to you:
the .snt file is not a sound, but a file to modify the settings of it. Also, it chooses which sounds(.ogg's) to play when you play the .snt file. It basically plays a random .ogg within it's reach(edit it with notepad or similiar and you'll see what I mean). If you want to play a specified sound, you can either create a .snt yourself and add it to your custom story folder with a different name, in which you declare only 1 .ogg who is to be played, OR you simply use PlayMusic, in which you choose from which monster to play.
For the example, since it would be hard to understand without:
PlayMusic("brute/amb_idle02.ogg", false, 1, 0, 1, false);
brute can be replaced with grunt or suitor .
This is needed to specify which amb_idle02 to use, since there are 3(1 for each enemy). However, if you "just" want to play the .snt of grunt or brute, look at my next post. If you want to play a certain sound(Like any .ogg), use PlayMusic and the .ogg, if you want to play a random sound from a range(Like 1 of 4 sounds from the grunt), use PlaySoundAtEntity and the .snt. If there is a .snt file for a single .ogg only, you should use the .snt file instead since sounds seem easier to handle than music. So, you should use the .snt if you don't care about random or if it's just 1 anyway, and .ogg if you want a special one out of many, if the sound should loop or if there's no .snt(like background music and such, which should loop)

Think, before you speak Google, before you post
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012, 02:01 AM by Cruzore.)
07-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Question: How to create a door - by Nervly - 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: 3 Questions: Cave In and Destroying bookshelf - by Cruzore - 07-04-2012, 01:04 AM