Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress GRAVESTOCK HPL3 Pending Super-Project Maybe?
JPPaperstacks Offline

Threads: 4
RE: GRAVESTOCK HPL3 Pending Super-Project Maybe?

(06-22-2012, 02:44 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: You can't use HPL2 as a game engine. That's the point. You can use HPL2 only for modding purposes and can't change the main game dynamics, such as the physics module(Newton Dynamics, I believe) or any other core function.

In HPL1 you can do that, so you can obtain HPL2 from HPL1 and then from an Open Source version of HPL2 obtain HPL3.
HPL2's physics are gorgeous, I wouldn't dare touch them. But replacing every texture and object in the mod is enough to give the illusion of a whole new game- I replaced every texture in the main Amnesia story line, and it doesn't even feel like the same game anymore.

I understand what you mean, (though I had no idea before you could) but the only thing close to physics I really plan on tinkering with is things like the player speed and the weight of certain entities. Thank you so much for pointing that out to me, but I have one question about it;

Is HPL1 available as a download for Penumbra: Overture? I only have experience with HPL2. It will work as long as I have Penumbra, I mean? Is it required?
06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: GRAVESTOCK HPL3 Pending Super-Project Maybe? - by JPPaperstacks - 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM