Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]

(07-25-2012, 04:29 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hey, i got a message from the developer of Asylum.
I asked them why there is no 3D free movement instead of point & click.
So I got this answer:

"Thank you so much for your comments. I understand how you feel about the interface and movements, and I think that perhaps you're expecting the wrong kind of game. Let me assure you that, quite the contrary, the design decisions in Asylum are there to *enhance* the experience, not detract from it.

Perhaps Asylum won't provide the same "environmental" immersion as Amnesia, but we're making sure it offers a one of a kind experience with a serious horror story that players won't ever forget. There's no room for physical horror in the game: it's purely psychological."

Yeah, that seems to be a little different horror game from what we expected.

But in anyway it will be fantastic. it is point & click, but I think we need to accept that.

I mean, we even know from Dear Esther how good a "walking simulator" could be.

So I'm looking forward to that project and maybe it will be the first point & click horror game for me!
I really think what you expect and what you are looking for from video games is vastly different from what the majority of the rest of us here are looking for. I'm starting to think you don't really understand what horror even is, and your comment certainly proves you don't know what Dear Esther is intended to be.
07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found] - by HateSolstice - 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Asylum Kickstarter! - by Dave Hopman - 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Asylum Kickstarter! - by Statyk - 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Asylum Kickstarter! - by plutomaniac - 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM