The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest Check Issue
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
Quest Check Issue

Hello everyone.

I have yet another problem.
How would I go about achieving this code. Basically I have two maps. You can go move between them easily. However, when the player finds a certain item (a key) in the second map and takes it back to the first map, a cave-in occurs making it impossible to go back to the second map.

So I guess I need a script area in the first map that checks if the key is in the inventory (or that the quest to find the key is completed), and if it returns true, then the cave-in needs to occur.

I saw this code to check if a quest is completed: "QuestIsCompleted(string& asName);",
but I'm not sure how to use it. I'm assuming that the code will go along these lines? "check if quest is completed, if true, make entity cave-in active". Or is that impossible?

Thanks guys.

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
07-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Quest Check Issue - by Kiorga(x2)rd - 07-20-2012, 08:31 AM
RE: Quest Check Issue - by Adny - 07-20-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: Quest Check Issue - by Kiorga(x2)rd - 07-20-2012, 09:57 AM