Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you use this tool?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am a developer, and I would use this tool for my custom stories
50.00%
8 50.00%
I am a developer, and I would not use this tool for my custom stories (Please specify why)
25.00%
4 25.00%
I am a player, and I would like developers to use this tool
18.75%
3 18.75%
I am a player, and I would not like developers to use this tool (Please specify why)
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Announcement Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator

(08-04-2012, 05:12 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: English is the only supported language at this time.
I may incorporate multi-lingual support.

Comparing against a regex like "extra_[a-z]+\.lang" should do it.

(08-04-2012, 05:12 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: It should already, unless your Steam is not installed correctly.
What's your OS?

I tested the program in Windows 7. My Steam installion, however, is located on a different hard drive. So if you claim it should have Steam support, it would appear you're not checking the Windows registry for Steam installations. And if that's the case, then the same would be for retail edition of Amnesia. (This assuming the registry even contains install locations for these things.)

(08-04-2012, 05:12 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Not sure what you mean, because custom_story_settings.cfg and language files must be placed in the root of the custom story to be found by the game. And those files are the only ones the program cares about.

The CFG and LANG, however, people place in the correct spot. Custom entities, static objects, etc, they tend to have scattered all over. In which case, a more abstract way of listing files for archiving would be practical.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator - by Your Computer - 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM