Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you use this tool?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am a developer, and I would use this tool for my custom stories
50.00%
8 50.00%
I am a developer, and I would not use this tool for my custom stories (Please specify why)
25.00%
4 25.00%
I am a player, and I would like developers to use this tool
18.75%
3 18.75%
I am a player, and I would not like developers to use this tool (Please specify why)
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Announcement Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator

(08-11-2012, 05:33 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: In fact I check 4 different registry keys. Two keys for retail, and two keys for Steam. (One if 32-bit OS, the other if 64-bit OS).
I have both my retail and Steam version installed in custom directories in D: and F:.

If you've installed Steam for only your user, that may be the problem. If so, please report back, and I'll take a look.

I have Steam installed in I:, retail installed in C:. Version 2.0.2.78 still does not list my Steam directory. I checked my registry and found my Steam's install path at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\InstallPath. I did not find it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, which would imply i chose to install for all users. Are you also checking against HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for Steam?

(08-11-2012, 05:33 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Eh... Still not sure what you're on about. The program doesn't care about how the rest of the custom story is layed out. Only that there is a settings config. It'll pack the contents of the custom story folder regardless of structure.

Is that to say that you parse the MAP files for resource locations and then sort them out in some way? Obviously, it is irrelevant what the folder structure is if everything is isolated to the custom story folder that the tool decides to list. However, users who do not recognize the purpose of the resources.cfg file end up placing their resources inside Amnesia's own directories. In other words, e.g. <Amnesia>/entities/CustomStoryAssets, <Amnesia>/static_objects/CustomStoryAssets, etc; instead of <Amnesia>/custom_stories/CustomStory/CustomStoryAssets.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 06:03 PM by Your Computer.)
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator - by Your Computer - 08-11-2012, 06:03 PM