Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife.

@Traggey
Oh my god, this is laughable. Did you always play games like this?
You make stupid sounds when playing a game. How the hell can you concentrate on story?
Of course, there are some things in Risen 2 we don't like. For example the quick-loot inventory when open a chest or trade. I also said that it is more casual than Gothic, and the action-cutscene on the beach was breaking the epic gameplay. And there are less puzzles than Risen 1 or the old Gothic series.
But it is nevertheless a really good adventure RPG. You have your own ship, your own crew, there are 10 different isles with an interesting story. The gameplay is really excellent (old-school).
Gothic is better, but Risen is similar. And after all a very good game.

What you're saying is totally laughable. The camera doesn't change position every time. Especially we're talking about Gothic in first line!
The animations are wanted old-school style! The characters should mediate a special language, only german cultures could understand.

An other thing is that you haven't played the game. Yust an half hour, so you can't talk about the story.
The graphics are fantastic, please notice they just use DirectX 9.
And I have seen some 3D models by you and they are not better. In fact they would be too ugly for a game. That you prefer a kitschy Final Fantasy style does say all about that.
But it's your opinion. I also have to say that a game "never" is just for Fun. You can't expect that a game automatically gives you a lot of fun. You need to understand, that every game needs enough time and intention by the player. Otherwise you are playing wrong and this is why you call it a bad game. But it's not because of the game.
Can you say me any other better game?
Final Fantasy?
Skyrim?
World of Warcraft?
Diablo?

Gothic and Risen never should be a standard RPG for big mass. It's for a small group of people who like this special niche.

And that you don't know the character's name isn't because the developers forget it.
The name isn't important. Notice that a real hero doesn't need a name.
Oh... where are you? I'm Pascal. Lol, this would be artless.

@the dark side
Sorry, but this is not correct.
A good game with bugs is better than a Call of Duty without bugs.
And also notice that the only game with bugs from PiranhaBytes is Gothic 3.
The previous Gothics and the Risen series are almost free of bugs.
And even Gothic 3 is free of bugs with actual Community-Patch 1.75.
Yeah, teh community did a patch with over 1000 fixes and improvements!

But it's right. It's totally insolent to release nn unfinished game like that.
But if it is a good game, I'll pay money.

You have a wrong notion about this games. Yust because Traggey played like a troll, you shouldn't believe the game is so bad as he said. There are also some trolls in the internet who are playing Amnesia as they would make the game ridiculous.
But this are just childish trolls, never understanding the sense in games.

And a proper game never should have action.
Action is a typical american flavor, but it will ruin EVERY kind of immersion and atmosphere.
I'm glad that Gothic and Risen have slow story telling, slow combat and a decent gameplay.
It's not a helicopter bullfight with explosions and zombies. I said already, it's for a small niche who understand art in games. Not like the global world wants like the action bloody splatter cinematic shit.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012, 04:31 PM by Googolplex.)
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Björn Pankratz (game developer) playing guitar with his wife. - by Googolplex - 08-09-2012, 04:16 PM