Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Neat
18.75%
3 18.75%
Idk
31.25%
5 31.25%
Oh no
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.

agreed, i would probably change to MP if i could cope, the SP these days is abysmal, i want to throw the keyboard out the window somedays, no wonder the AAA sausage mincing machine is starting to fail. id say the last year for really good Sp was 2004. long time ago. SSIII has a good SP, nice throwback to Duke 3d, but then, thats Indie rather than AAA.

and of course, frictional has some of the best Horror SP ive seen since Resi on the PS1...

the sad thing is, many games from the past, Half Life 2, NOLF II, Ge64, PD 64, Duke, Doom, Quake 1, 2 and 4, RTCW, etc, have proven you can Focuss on the SP, giving an awesome campaign, and yet still have an iconic, skilled, Multiplayer. it just shows how lazy the game publishers have become really by forcing the devs to focuss purely on Multiplayer to get the casual sales. you can do both with effort.

ouch, you must have a pretty old Computer if Counterstrike Struggles, i mean, GLDSRC has its origins in Quake 1 engine after all... dont worry, i kept an old p4 XP machine LONG into the win 7 quad core era, only changing to this Dual OS quad core beast when the old gal died from terminal Data Cascade Failure Issues and got the Dreaded "Incurable Blue Sceen Death". and well, ill admit it, my laptop is an old win 98 model, with ORIGINAL DOS.. wich is good for my old DOS games, seeing as DOSBOX isnt all that reliable.

the problem i see is the publishers saw that they could make an ultra quick buck from the casual side of the console crowd, not really needing to make any effort with a game, just make a big MP, some overpriced Map and Skin DLC, and just copy Cod 4 for the SP, albiet more "go america go" than that game was, and have gotten so used to the quick buck, they are incapabale of reverting back to SP and old school mechanics despite the fact the modern shooter is on the verge of collapse and if they dont change back, its gonna be 1983 all over again...
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM by the dark side.)
08-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game. - by the dark side - 08-30-2012, 08:42 PM