The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rising Water [Discontinued]
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Rising Water [Discontinued]

Note: Rising Water has been discontinued.

Hi. I've been working on my first custom story for quite a while now and I'm ready to present the demo of Rising Water. The story, in a nutshell, is that you've woken up in a mansion owned by the Walker family after getting attacked in the ocean, and you need to get out because the water is rising toward it. Keep in mind that not everything is final, and I am relatively novice at scripting, so bear with me! Smile

Here are some screenshots. (OUTDATED)

Read the readme for more information and why not everything looks too great. Download here. Thanks for playing, and make sure to leave some feedback and suggestions! Note that I also know it might be horrendous because it is my first story, and that is fine.

Notice: A second release of the demo has been released. No more demo releases will occur. The first map (bedroom) has been redone almost completely, as I have mastered the "AddEntityCollideCallback" function and was able to do some interesting things with it. The Flooded Archives are larger, and there is a new room that has been added. The water's lighting in the Flooded Archives now works properly. The crowbar has been relocated in the Archives. The music no longer stops when the Lurker is activated in the Archives. A very early release of the Storage has been added, where you can solve a simple puzzle but there is nothing to use the outcomes (a pot of acid and a hammer) until the final release. Download here.

P.S. Sorry if I seem a little jumpy and eager, this is my first CS which will be released to the public (I've done many private ones in the past) and I'm worried about its reception. Tongue

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM by Zaffre.)
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Rising Water [Discontinued] - by Zaffre - 08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Gaviao - 08-31-2012, 11:11 PM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Streetboat - 08-31-2012, 11:43 PM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Zaffre - 09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Zaffre - 09-01-2012, 04:37 AM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Streetboat - 09-01-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Rising Water [DEMO] - by Zaffre - 09-01-2012, 02:00 PM