The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help with map changing.
IGabx Offline

Threads: 3
Question  Help with map changing.

Most of you are probably gonna think that I'm a noob for not knowing this but I've been trying to transition to a new map. Yes I've searched up other forums and I know the coding, but I've tried everything... :S

Here's the script:

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "LoadMap_1", "LoadMap1", true, 1);
}

void LoadMap1(string& asMapName, string& asStartPos, string& asStartSound, string& asEndSound)
{
ChangeMap("final_the_beginning.map", "PlayerStartArea_1", "impact_dirt_med.snt", "");
}

It's so that when someone jumps out a window it transitions to a new outdoor map, and I've tried changing some things to it but this seems to be the only way to enter the map without the game crashing and when I enter the area it does nothing and I fall out the map :S.

There's only a hallway with 2 doors both locked and 3 windows (one being broken of course) and a script area sitting outside the broken window big enough to not miss. I also added black fog and a skybox. Smile

Ps: I don't want an end sound so I didn't put anything there. If that's the problem, I'm sorry for being stupid. xD

There's a screenshot taken of the area but I had to cut some things out because I had to post something under 500 KB

Attached Files
.png   AreaScript.png (Size: 288.88 KB / Downloads: 101)
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Help with map changing. - by IGabx - 09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Help with map changing. - by Adny - 09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: Help with map changing. - by IGabx - 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: Help with map changing. - by The chaser - 09-09-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: Help with map changing. - by IGabx - 09-15-2012, 11:19 PM
RE: Help with map changing. - by IGabx - 09-16-2012, 06:51 PM