Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Things for Setting Up Monsters
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: All Things for Setting Up Monsters

(10-01-2012, 12:56 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: My path nodes were mostly connected, but a few weren't. How do you connect them in the editor?

I'm not sure of how close they have to be exactly to each other, but i tend to maintain a standard of about 2 meters apart. In the level editor you can specify that in the field labeled "Snap sep." to help ease the process of organizing the path nodes.

(10-01-2012, 12:56 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: Oh, and why does the patrol nodes in that video say "Run" in the animation type? What does that do?

Technically, that is supposed to specify the animation you want the game to play at the node for the monster. However, the game is either too dynamic with the monsters or that parameter is simply ignored or not implemented, or perhaps my assumption of that parameter is false. Either way, an empty string may as well be placed there, but for me as the developer of the custom story i, therefore, (may) use it as a personal reminder of what i intended for that moment in the story.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM by Your Computer.)
10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Things for Setting Up Monsters - by Your Computer - 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM