Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OPINION] Application of screen effects
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: [OPINION] Application of screen effects

IMAGETRAIL: Yes, sleepiness/dizzyness... That's what i use it for.

RADIALBLUR: If used correctly it can be used as if the players eyes are unfocused for a second. Just have it implemented for 1 or 2 seconds, and then away again.

FIELD OF VISION: This can be used as an out of body experience. You know instead of zooming then do the opposite.
It's a very cool screen effect, if you use it together with FadePlayerRollTo.
Try playing the first level of the original amnesia again. Take a look at the screen effects. They are just awesome! I tried redoing them, and it went pretty well.

SEPIA: Well yea, i don't use it that much again. I guess it was used when you had flashbacks.

Then some you didn't have:

SCREEN SHAKE: Works very good in different situations. Explosions and such go with a long outfading shake. If you take a look at the "Not traditional fire", in the storage. You know the strange torch. When the strange torch lights FG used shakes, in a very small amount of time. It also makes a pretty cool effect.

FADEPLAYERROLLTO: Mostly used in wake-up scripts, but as mentioned above, you can use it with the FOV.

Trying is the first step to success.
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OPINION] Application of screen effects - by FlawlessHappiness - 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM