Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague
Saty Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague

(12-18-2012, 08:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote: @thread poster

Please, don't say "enemies". That's a wrong word for a horror game.
Enemies automatically means a conflict, war or fight back.

But yeah, I think the Infected are scarier than the grunts or the brutes somehow.
But the dogs and spiders also are scary, and that because they are plausible, not typical computer game like.
I really like real existing monsters more than fantasy.

Penumbra: Overture is the best game of the Frictional universe, Penumbra series in general is a better experience than Amnesia. Black Plague was scarier, but Overture was better (more plausible, more thinking, more interaction, more story, more puzzles etc.) Even Requiem is a good horror game and it shows that monsters are not needed to make a scary atmosphere.

(12-18-2012, 07:45 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Requiem was never supposed to be a horror. Just an expansion for puzzles.
That's wrong. It's not only made for puzzles, it's also about horror.

People just doesn't understand that because the previous titles are scarier and because there are no monsters anymore. But it's still horror and of course, scarier than other "horror" games.
Many have called Overture the best but according to Gamespot it isn't.

Penumbra Black Plague got rating 8.2 on gamespot, Overture got 7.9 , Requiem got 6.7.

"I really like real existing monsters more than fantasy."

This!!
12-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia dark descent vs penumbra black plague - by Saty - 12-18-2012, 09:21 PM