The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia

This has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks, but what if we made a new chapter in the Penumbra tale in Amnesia? Below are my thoughts as to why we should do this---

1: Scarier Environment---Amnesia was plenty scary not just for its monsters, but the environment itself added to the creepy atmosphere. Penumbra, being made before Amnesia, wasn't as scary of an environment as it could have been. Think about it, you're in a mine that has lost power; shouldn't it be hard to see. A hard-to-see-in mine would be frightening, you litterally couldn't peak ahead of you to know what is around the next corner.

2: Unaswered Questions---In the tale of Penumbra, you learn that all of this trouble started when people opened up a Tuurngait Tomb. Now we the player never got to visit this tomb. wouldn't it be fun, and scary, if we played a miner that found and opened that tomb? Another unanswered question is, what happened after Philip sent his email, and to whom? We could play the tale that follows the Penumbra series.

3: Do-ability--- Making this using Penumbra models/textures is possible. People have already put Penumbra textures into Amnesia, and most of the monsters are already converted to Amnesia. Granted, the Penumbra Worm hasn't behaved properly in Amnesia as compared to its original counterpart. Even this fella, given time, could be made to work in Amnesia. Since you're in a mine, deep underground, wouldn't it make sense to encounter this monster who sees by vibrations in the ground far more frequently?

Tell me your thoughts and if you're interested in helping me make this. As far as my Dark Depths story, I'm having trouble with a good story vs appropriate monsters. Not sure when it will be done.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 01:14 AM by The Rock Worm.)
12-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by The Rock Worm - 12-27-2012, 12:44 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 01:28 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by nrkist - 12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Kein - 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Traggey - 12-28-2012, 03:19 AM