Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Level Editor Help Black&White screen effect possible?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Black&White screen effect possible?

Hey mate, I wanted to do a FC CS in grayscale using one of your effects, and I cannot seem to get it working..

I have done all you said here:
(01-02-2013, 08:33 PM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: The archive modified_posteffect_color_conv_tex_frag.zip contains the modified shader program. Go to redist\core\shaders, and create a backup of posteffect_color_conv_tex_frag.glsl, then extract the corresponding file from the archive to the same folder, replacing the original.

Now go to redist\textures\effects, and backup the colorconv_sepia.tga file. Download modified_colorconv_sepia.zip, and extract the image file to replace the original one.

That's it.

The effects.zip archive contains colorconv tga-s I used to create the screenshots above. Create some separate folder and extract them. To use one as an effect, you must rename it to colorconv_sepia.tga, and make sure that your full conversion loads it before anything else (by specifying its path as the first entry in the FC's resources.cfg).

Then run the main game or a custom story and invoke the sepia effect (say by calling the FadeSepiaColorTo() script function), to see the new effect.

And still cannot get it to work smoothly. In my <mapname>.hps file, the player begins inside of a script block which calls the FadeSepiaColorTo() script like this:

FadeSepiaColorTo(1.0, 0.001f);

Am I missing something? If needed I can jump on something like TeamViewer or Skype to share screens so you can assist Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Black&White screen effect possible? - by Daemian - 12-31-2012, 05:14 AM
RE: Black&White screen effect possible? - by Romulator - 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM