Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Script Language Reference and Guide
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Script Language Reference and Guide

Ohhh, ok, my mistake! So in fact, returning the string and assigning it in function 'A' is simply a waste, with no advantage... but thankfully not a problem. That's very useful to know, thank you.

I imagine I'll learn some other things that will prompt me to re-write several parts of these functions, thankfully neither of these problems require a change to the functions themselves but I'm sure there are several more ways they could be improved.

I never did encounter any bugs when using GetGlobalVarString itself as the parameter... in your tests, was there any room for the issue to have been in another part of the code? If it does become clear why that problem was happening, please do share. Though, I will test & use your method anyway, if its going to be more... 'secure', thanks for the suggestion.

I now very much look forward to reading the full article on strings as well, they seem to be far more complex beasts than I thought originally Smile

01-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Script Language Reference and Guide - by Adrianis - 01-15-2013, 06:40 PM