The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia and Virtual Surround Sound?
mail3diplo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Amnesia and Virtual Surround Sound?

I just recently ordered a pair of surround sound headphones (Plantronics Gamecom 780). These headphones use virtual surround sound technology, as opposed to true surround sound. I got these because my computer is a laptop without real surround sound capability. Now, I've heard that virtual surround sound doesn't work with some games.

I haven't received them yet, but I was just curious as to whether or not someone has any experience with this particular headset and amnesia? I was really looking forward to playing some amnesia custom stories with surround sound. I would be bummed if it didn't work.

EDIT:
Quote:With just under 82% compatibility in my series of tests, the GameCom 780 easily meets the mark for a passing grade, though there's still plenty of room for Plantronics and C-Media to improve their drivers. Stereo was the rallying cry for the handful OpenAL titles that were tested, including all of the Unreal-based games that didn't implement a separate audio engine. There were also issues with the id Tech 4-based games, which count on the Windows speaker configuration being set to 5.1. Though Plantronics did include a 5.1 layout in the Windows control panel, since it's listed as 5.1 side and not 5.1 rear, Quake IV and Prey both failed the test.

What is openAL, and does amnesia use it? This is saying that games that use openAL, only have stereo support for these headphones.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM by mail3diplo.)
02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia and Virtual Surround Sound? - by mail3diplo - 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM