Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

I agree completely Robosprog. I've seen some extremely underrated custom stories around the community that seem to receive nothing but hate and claims of "mediocrity." Some jumpscare stories have clear potential, yet people don't give them a chance and just mock them. We should be explaining to them why jumpscare stories aren't desirable, not just shunning them from the community.

Even the custom stories that are well received are often just ignored. I was lucky to get the publicity I did from Pewdiepie. If he hadn't played Obscurity, then it would have been buried like the rest of the custom stories posted on these forums.

I think part of the problem can be attributed to the elitism around here, and it's honestly quite a shame. The only custom stories that get attention are the ones created by the "senior members," and these senior members seem to just look down on the newer members. Maybe it's a stretch for me to say "elitism," but that's how I see it.

Yes I realize I'm a newish member myself and you may think I'm not in any place to be criticizing the forums. However, I feel that it simply offers a different perspective, and it doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Thanks for this post Robosprog, the community needs it.

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013, 05:12 PM by ElectricRed.)
02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread