Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

Theres an aweful lot that could be done with this engine that hasn't been done, though. A modern 3d adventure game engine with physical interaction like HPL's has a lot of ground that is not covered by Amnesia, Penumbra, and the mods that are like them.
I'm no senior member, but if you care to know, I don't play CS's because this ground is not being explored, it's all just more Amnesia. That's fine, but, we've already played Amnesia, and for those members who have been around for several years and probably used to play many CS's, eventually it's just going to get boring, right?
I started Amnesia modding after reading an RPS article that included a bit about White Night, and it basically said 'It was good, but I wish there were mods that would take advantage of the engine for non-horror games, because there is great potential for updating the adventure game forumula', and I thought that was spot on.

02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread