Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

Be honest, I think it's an absolute speculation to talk about "the recession of Amnesia mods development" so seriously. Yeah, there's a recession, but I do believe this is happening only and exclusively because of a Machine for Pigs expectation, no less, no more. And I do think it's normal, because it's quite stagnating when you're doing a mod on a game engine, which will be updated in a few months. For example I am myself just slowly working on custom 3D assets and environment for my own custom storie and doing absolutely nothing within HPL2 editors with an exception of testing. Simply because I know HPL2.5 is coming out soon. And I do believe most of modders conciously or unconciously are ignoring new mods for the same reason. It's not very interesting to play new usual (!!!) stories while there's a whole new game's coming out soon. Of course, I do play big unique mods like the Great Work, for example, which was in production for years. But some usual new... uhhhm... no thanks, sorry. I have already played too many of them Amnesia alike good and nice custom stories like Followed by Death, for example. I know there're nice new custom stories, but it's just not attractive to play them, I am (maybe personally) too tired of Amnesia alike mods. I tried Rain and I clearly see it's cool, but I didn't finish it... I tried Obscurity and there's the same, I do see it's cool custom story, but also left it unfinished... just tired of the same old good (!!!) custom stories. And as a result at the moment I am (once again maybe it's just me) interested in giving a try only to somehow unique and unusual Amnesia mods. For example I will surely play the Ethernium which is focused on the storytelling not scaring. So... uhhhm... everything's clear I hope. Recession? Yup. Forget about it, nothing to worry about.

P.S. And yeah I do know Jens (or Thomas) told there won't be custom stories support for HPL2.5. But I do believe it's just for a couple of months after the a Machine for Pigs release, just a matter of time. There will be updated editors pack for updated HPL2.5. Simply because they, Frictional, already do know that supporting modding is very profitable.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 12:41 AM by Alex Ros.)
06-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread